To play blackjack you must know the different variants of the popular game.
One of the keys that make playing Blackjack so much fun is that casinos offer so many different variations to enjoy.
Choosing a variation of the game that suits your playing style can be difficult due to the numerous variations available to players today. We recommend trying several variations of the game before deciding to play one of them on a regular basis.
Think about what your objectives are in the game and also how the availability of funds may affect your strategy. It is not uncommon to find 2 or even 3 types of blackjack that fit all your criteria, so it is a good idea in the long run to switch between different types, thus maintaining your interest during play and ensuring you have fun in the process.
So let’s take a look at the different types of blackjack that exist, so you can improve your chances of winning at each one.
21 Blackjack, or Spanish Blackjack as it is also known, offers a bit more of an edge to the casino. Here are its features:
- It is played with six or eight decks.
- Cards with a value of “10” are removed.
- The dealer can see your cards and will win if you have 21.
As the name suggests, this is the simplest form of Blackjack in the world. Its features are:
- One to eight decks.
- The dealer and player are dealt 2 cards.
- There is also progressive Blackjack, which gives the player a chance to hit the jackpot. Otherwise, all the rules remain exactly the same.
This version is also very popular among players, so you can find it in most online casinos. Its features are:
- It is played with two decks.
- The player’s cards will be face up.
- One of the dealer’s cards will be face down and will not come into play until the player makes his move.
- Atlantic City Blackjack
Very popular version of the 21 game. Its features are:
- It is played with eight decks.
- The dealer can see his cards and stand on a 17.
In this type of Blackjack, the player will receive two hands instead of one, and can switch cards to improve his chances of winning.
The biggest disadvantage is that the payout in this Blackjack game is lower than in the other popular variations.
Vegas Strip Blackjack
One of the most popular variations in online casinos, this is played with four decks and the dealer must stand in the presence of a 17.
As you can see, there are a number of different versions of Blackjack; simply choose the one you like best and start placing your first winning bet.
To become an expert at Blackjack, however, you need to have an in-depth knowledge of a number of terms which, for your benefit, we will discuss below.